Friday, January 19, 2007

5 reasons why I like Delhi Winters

These reasons are the realizations that I get during the winter months in Delhi which I would have missed in a place with mild winters.

Reason5: Winters make me realize the blessing of summer dressing when wearing one layer over another adds to my unease but I still shiver with cold.

Reason4: They make me realize the importance of advent of lip balm and moisturizing lotions when I feel the pain while giving presentations with cracked lips and try hard to hold the marker with dry hands.

Reason3: Whenever I use water geysers, heat convectors and exercise machines, I realize the importance of the gadgets invented with the purpose of providing warmth.

Reason2: When I miss out the turns on the road while driving, due to the winter fogs, I realize the importance of clear skies. The misty windscreen further makes me realize the significance of a clear dry weather.

Reason1: The benevolent warmth of the Sun in the chilly breeze makes me realize
why Sun is worshipped as God in India.

1 comment: